Sorry for the lack of posts in the last week. I was suddenly struck with some sort of winter bug and haven’t been able to do much of anything. However I am finally back on the mend, luckily just in time for the holidays. Although I haven’t been able to eat much, this simple soup has been on the menu the last couple of days since I finally started feeling better. If you like miso soup, this is a great version with shrimp, tofu, and spinach.
Dukan Slow Shrimp and Tofu Miso Soup
Dukan Phases: Attack Phase, Cruise Phase, Consolidation Phase, Stabilization Phase
Servings: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Nutritional Info: 241 calories, 5 g of fat, o g of carbohydrates, .22 g of fiber 42.3 g of protein
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp Asian chili paste
- 5 tablespoons miso
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup tofu, cut into chunks
- 4 cups spinach, trimmed and chopped roughly or seaweed (do not use during Attack Phase)
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- Add the broth, ginger, chili paste, and soy sauce to a large pot. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl whisk the miso with 1/2 cup hot broth.
- Add the mixed miso into the pan.
- Bring to a boil and add the shrimp, spinach, tofu, and green onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.