After completing the Attack phase, the next part of the Dukan Diet is the Cruise phase. During this phase you are allowed to add some new foods to your diet and you will alternate between pure protein days, like you did on the Attack phase, and also protein and vegetable days.
Most people find they lose around two pounds weekly on the Cruise Phase and it should be continued until you reach your target weight. Depending on how much weight you have to lose, this could be a few weeks or a few months. However sticking with the plan is well worth it because following the Dukan Diet not only helps your body lose weight in the short term but also helps long term weight loss by teaching your body new eating habits.
How Does the Cruise Phase on the Dukan Diet Work?
During this phase you can choose what Duakn rhythm you would like to follow. Choose carefully at the beginning because it is best to stick to one single pattern. For most people the one day cycle works best, but you may also choose to complete 5 day cycles or 2/5 day cycles. Here are your three options for following the Cruise Phase correctly.
Cruise Phase Cycles
What Can I Eat During the Dukan Diet Cruise Phase?
No matter what option you choose on the Dukan Diet during the Cruise Phase, you will be able to create meals out of the same list of Dukan Diet foods. Just like the Attack Phase, you can eat as much as you want during the Cruise Phase as long as it is from the list below. During pure protein days you will eat just as you did during the Attack phase, choosing only from the proteins listed below. During the protein and vegetable days you can choose to eat foods from both the protein list and the vegetable list.
Approved Pure Protein Foods on Dukan Diet: Cruise Phase
- Lean cuts of beef, rabbit, or veal
- Skinless chicken and turkey
- Low fat ham
- Fish of any kind as long as it isn’t canned in oil
- Any Shellfish including shrimp, lobster, clams, and scallops
- Up to 2 whole eggs per day
- Egg whites
- Any dairy products that are lowfat (under 2% milk fat)
- Spices, mustard, artificial 0 calorie sweeteners, lemon and lime juice, fresh and dried herbs, vinegar, garlic, limited onion
- Sugar free chewing gum
- 0 calorie teas including green tea, black tea, and herbal tea
Approved Vegetables on Dukan Diet: Cruise Phase
- Brussel sprouts
- French beans
- Salad leaves
- Soy beans
- Summer squash
- Swiss chard
Are There Any Rules I Need to Follow During the Cruise Phase?
Just like the Attack Phase, the Cruise Phase in the Dukan Diet also has specific rules you must follow to get the most out of your diet and lose the most weight. This rules are simple to follow and will help your body adjust and learn healthy life long habits.
- Drink enough water daily, ideally over 1.5 liters daily
- Eat 2 tablespoons of oat bran daily to help keep your system moving.
- Move for thirty minutes daily. Most people choose to just take a 30 minute brisk walk to meet this requirement.
What Would an Attack Phase Meal Plan Look Like?
There is an endless combination of foods that you could eat during the Attack Phase but here are some examples of Dukan meal plans you could try.
Breakfast Ideas During the Attack Phase
- Oat Bran Pancakes with Lemon Zest
- Egg white omelette with zucchini, ham, and low fat cheese
- Soft boiled eggs and roasted tomatoes
- Vegetable crepe
- Cream cheese, tomato, and chive scrambled eggs
- Steak and eggs
- Hard boiled egg salad
Lunch and Dinner Ideas on the Dukan Diet
- Dijon Mustard Salmon and Broccoli
- Zucchini Pizza
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Southwestern burger and Cheesy Kale Chips
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Seafood and Vegetable Stew
- Miracle Noodle Chicken Soup
- Portobello and Egg BLT