I am always on the lookout for new ways to enjoy chicken since I tend to eat plain grilled chicken breasts a lot. This recipe for chicken leg quarters utilizes the most flavorful and moist pieces of the chicken (and also cheapest!) and slow roasts them with lemon, garlic, and spices. Taste great warm right out of the oven and shredded as leftovers.
Dukan Baked Lemon Chicken Legs
Dukan Phases: Attack Phase, Cruise Phase, Consolidation Phase, Stabilization Phase
Servings: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 chicken leg quarter
Nutritional Info: varies based on size and if you leave the skin on
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skin removed during Attack phase
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp. olive oil 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 4-8 thin slices lemon.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together the lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, steak seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss the chicken in the marinade and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Dump everything into a glass baking dish. Place the chicken skin side down. Roast for 45 minutes and flip the chicken over. Place the lemon slices on top of the skin.
- Roast for another 45 minutes or until juice run clear and the internal temperature reaches 170.